The content below is for our 2018 FCBD.
We’ll be adding 2019 FCBD info soon!
- Ages 12 and under
- Ages 13 and up
We have decided to eliminate the various age groups and divisions in order to make the contest less intimidating and more “Everyone” friendly. The goal of Jetpack Comics is to make the contest as laid-back and fun as possible.
- 1st – $50 Jetpack Money, a surprise gift from our sponsors, and the all coveted “12 and under” 1st place trophy
- 2nd – $25 Jetpack Money and a surprise gift from our sponsors
- 3rd – $10 Jetpack Money and a surprise gift from our sponsors
- 1st – $250 Cash Prize, $600 Photo Session, $50 Jetpack Money, a surprise gift from our sponsors and a Super Duper Nifty Trophy to prove that you were NUMBER 1 to your friends.
- 2nd – $100 Cash Prize & $50 Jetpack Money a surprise gift from our sponsors
- 3rd – $50 Cash Prize & $25 Jetpack Money a surprise gift from our sponsors
COSPLAY CONTEST RULES AND INFORMATION
- This year’s Free Comic Book Day Costume Contest will be held on the Governor’s Inn grounds at 4:30 pm. (Exact location TBD).
- Online pre-registration will close Friday May 4th at 10:00 pm. Registration at the event will end Saturday May 5th at 3:00 pm.
- Check-in and pre-judging for this year’s event will take place from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. No entrants will be allowed once registration ends.
- All entrants in the contest MUST fill out a contest registration form. By filling out a contest registration form you are giving Jetpack Comics consent to take and post your pictures on their social media web sites.
- All entrants under 18 years of age MUST have a legal guardian’s permission to enter the contest and that legal guardian must sign your registration form at the time of check-in and pre-judging. No Exceptions!
- All entrants in the contest MUST check in at the Judge’s table.
- All entrants in the contest MUST be at the cosplay contest location for line up and rundown, at 3:30 pm. (Exact location for contest TBD)
- All costumes are welcome! Whether they be handmade, altered, store-bought or pieced together! We want to seee what you have created. The most important part of this competition is you being character.
- Each contestant MUST adhere to the weapons, props and harassment policies.
- There is no cap for entrants at this year’s event.
- Each contestant will be given one (1) minute on stage. Time allowance is subject to change due to the number of entrants.
- Surprise the audience and judges, not Jetpack. Entrants who want to do something special on stage, please email Jetpack at jetpackcomicsFCBD@gmail.com.
- This is a Cosplay Contest, (Cos for costume and Play for acting), please be in “character” on stage. The Judges and the audience loves it and it will get you more points.
- Judges decision’s are finally, but you may ask them for constructive criticism after the contest is over.
Note – Cosplay is for everyone! You do not need to have a handmade costume to be a cosplayer.
Q & A:
A- “Because Jetpack Comics will be posting and “showcasing” each individual contestant’s pictures onto their social media websites, Jetpack Comics wants to make sure that all legal guardian’s are aware and consent to their minor being “showcased” online. This is for everyone’s safety and Jetpack Comics respects that not all legal guardian’s feel comfortable with their minor being “showcased” online.
Made – Costume was more than 50% handmade.
Altered -Costume was more than 25% altered.
Store bought – Costume was purchased from a store as is. It was not altered and/or pieces were not gathered seperately.
Pieced together – More than 25% of costume was purchased, scavenged and/or gathered in order to complete desired look.